Permission to work in the Canadian video game industry

Video game production is booming after Covid 19 restrictions.

Video game production, as well as film and television production, has seen a significant drop in revenue due to Covid 19 restrictions in 2020. However, since reopening, these industries have been booming.

Acting, voice acting, and motion picture recording for video games (as well as film and television productions) are professions that can continue to operate despite health and safety measures. The workforce in these industries will respect the physical distance and related safety measures as much as possible. This is to ensure that the number of Covid 19 cases does not increase as a result of their activity, which may impose further restrictions.

In addition, the film and television industry has performed exceptionally well.

How can the video game workforce come to Canada to work?

Talented people who want to work in the Canadian video game industry have a variety of options to choose from.

For job applicants, their Canadian employer will be required to receive an “LMIA Labor Market Impact Assessment” (positive or neutral). This document indicates that no Canadian citizen or permanent resident is available for the job. However, some jobs may not require an LMIA.

Applicants applying for a job in Quebec must also obtain a “Quebec Acceptance Certificate” (CAQ). This certificate is issued by the Quebec Ministry of Immigration, and allows individuals to work temporarily in Quebec.

The employer will then provide the applicants with a copy of the LMIA letter as well as the job offer letter. These two letters will be required when applying for a work permit from the Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC).

A “work permit” will be issued at the entry point through which applicants enter Canada.

Global Talent Subcategory

Another option available to this group of applicants is the Global Talent Subsection (GTS). This high-speed sub-branch allows the super-professional workforce to receive a “work permit” within two weeks of applying. If the job in question requires an LMIA, it takes about two weeks. This means that foreign workers can only move to Canada in four weeks.

Employers have two options; If they need to hire specialist talent, they must apply through Category A.

If employers want to hire foreign workers for jobs on the Global Talent List, they must apply through Category B.

دیدگاهتان را بنویسید

نشانی ایمیل شما منتشر نخواهد شد.